ImpairmentCheck® (www.impairmentcheck.com) assists claims professionals and attorneys in improving the accuracy of impairment ratings based on the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment. It is a screening and educational tool that provides guidance on probable impairment for most ratable injuries and collects data for continuous quality improvement. The system is based on unique web-based patented technologies (8,185,410; 8,615,411) ImpairmentCheck® may be integrated with other best practices processes to ensure the most cost-effective management of impairment ratings, either post-rating or proactive rating management.
- Provides expert guidance for ratings based on the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Editions. (Guidance developed by Christopher R. Brigham, MD, Editor, Guides Newsletter and Guides Casebook; Senior Contributing Editor, AMA Guides, Sixth Edition.)
- Assists in ensuring impairment ratings appropriately reflect the actual impairment associated with an injury.
- Easy to use, available 24/7 with immediate results.
- Compares your ratings with commonly observed values, with guidance on management of the rating, clinical issues, maximum medical improvement (MMI), and the impairment assessment process. Therefore, you will make an informed decision on managing the rating.
- Includes over 2,500 physicians in the United States and Canada in its database; others may be added.
- Offers information, for a specific injury, on the probable impairment and date of MMI to proactively manage the case.
- Records data useful for claims management and continuous quality improvement; you may pool data among groups.
- Low-cost annual subscription with no additional fee per evaluation. Ten-day, no-risk free trial.